If you want to work with forward thinking people in a fast moving, innovative environment, Axalta offers you the best market-leading career opportunities. We are a unique company. While our name is new, we are backed by a 150-year legacy of providing some of the most advanced coating technologies to customers all over the world. We rank number one or two in all of the major business segments we serve. Our longstanding commitment to progressive research is setting new standards and pointing the way to beautiful and sustainable coating solutions for tomorrow.
The Technical Service Rep will provide technical direction and assistance to customers regarding the use of product lines and basic application methods in wood coatings. This position will have mutlitple customer plant responsibilities throughout the North Carolina region.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides intermediate technical direction and assistance to customers regarding the use of product lines and facilitates account management with Sales. Knowledge of all types of spray applications helpful.
• Responds to complex questions and concerns from the customer regarding product lines and general performance requirements without reliance on others for that information.
• Provides technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of the product lines; serves as an expert in a single technology or applies a working knowledge of multiple technologies and may involve multiple sites.
• Serves as operational advisor to customers by applying general quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality, efficiency and line design. Courses in LSS helpful.
• Serves as liaison with sales by interacting with line management personnel, developing a complete understanding of needs and operations and providing observations and leads to sales.
• Ability to travel
• Preparing accurate and timely Technical Service reports.
• Follow all Axalta and customer safety regulations.
• Support other technical service opportunities as directed.
• Lead Axalta mutual standard program at customer site
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School graduate or equivalent education and experience. B.S. in Chemistry, Operations Management or related field is preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years Tech Service Rep experience in wood coatings and finishing lines.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and assign work.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated industry and product applications experience.
• Strong customer service aptitude and teamwork skills.
• PC proficient.