This position is responsible for supporting all global environmental compliance and risk matters. Key professional requirements include broad technical and regulatory expertise in all environmental media, as well as recognition and control of global environmental risk. The role requires strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and influence co-workers at all levels of the organization.
Works directly for the Global Director, EHS&S role and partners directly with all Regional EHS&S Managers to assure environmental regulatory compliance and risk control.
Regulatory Compliance and Risk Control
- Support Regional EHS&S Leaders and site EHS&S personnel to assure environmental regulatory compliance.
- Lead the development, implementation, and update of corporate RC14001 environmental standards and programs.
- Monitor and provide visibility to developing global environmental regulatory requirements and risks, and develop effective options to assure ongoing compliance and risk control.
- Communicate and work with environmental regulatory agencies and governmental authorities.
- Manage consultant efforts associated with permitting, remediation, or other environmental matters.
- Develop and support compliant and cost-effective solutions for environmental issues and projects.
- Foster an atmosphere of transparency and information sharing to encourage a culture of acute awareness and diligence.
- Maintain and regularly review global, regional, and site environmental data and performance metrics.
- Support small sites to develop, submit and maintain environmental reporting and documentation.
- Understand environmental systems and equipment, their interaction and performance; analyze problems, recommend solutions, and provide site-level support.
- Lead and participate in audits for environmental regulatory compliance and RC14001 environmental standards implementation.
- Assist sites to develop effective resolution for audit recommendations through partnership with Regional EHS&S and other support function teams.
- Manage environmental due diligence and initial environmental compliance evaluation efforts associated with mergers and acquisitions.
Leadership and Capability Building
- Conduct regular environmental performance reviews with Regional EHS&S leadership and prioritize key issues to assist development of global, regional and site level environmental goals and objectives.
- Perform independently and exercise mature judgment in determining regulatory, technical and operational objectives for assignments/projects derived from key global, regional and site environmental aspects.
- Develop and sustain functional environmental capability within the regional organizations through training, coaching, and mentoring.
Identify, share, and deploy environmental best practices.
- Translates EHS&S Goals and Objectives into prioritized & actionable plans utilizing strong project management skills and assures that clear and high expectations are defined at the site level.
- Demonstrates sound technical judgment incorporating risk management to create sustainable solutions.
- Develops functional solutions to complex problems, simplifies into actionable items. Establishes clear, and sound course of action to achieve critical business objectives ensuring ongoing sustainable solutions.
Core Competency: Strategic Focus & Direction
- Builds independent relationships/rapports with all internal customers and other support functions.
- Develops and drives required project plans and activities that meet critical business goals and business sustainability.
- Inspires and guides others to action consistent with Company’s Vision and Mission.
- Solves complex problems creatively with high degree of ingenuity and innovativeness.
Core Competency: Trust & Teamwork
- Collaborates and integrates environmental efforts with the site teams and Axalta organization.
- Places high value on clear and actionable communication, as well as actively informing up, down, and laterally throughout organization.
- Provides insightful perspective to others seeking assistance through forming active partnerships.
- Influences positively and constructively to initiate actions, gain clear understanding, and commitment.
Core Competency: Personal Leadership
- Serves as a role model for providing quality and swift resolutions to operational environmental issues.
- Secure and leverage leadership commitment and support for integrating sustainable environmental solutions into core processes and decision making.
- Manages change effectively, and champions continuous improvement.
- Earns and maintains the trust of colleagues and co-workers internal and external to the site.
Develops credibility with the site customers, key stakeholders, and across the Axalta organization.