The Supply Chain Planning Manager for the Refinish and Liquid Industrial businesses leads supply chain function for the business segment in the Americas region. The role assumes responsibilities over production planning, inventory control, warehousing, and distribution requirements for a business encompassing production locations and multiple warehouses within the United States and Latin America.
Provides leadership to define, implement, and optimize supply chain strategies and objectives in support of business demands. Evaluates the competitiveness of the business supply chain with respect to service, cost, and capital investment. Leads improvement activities in all supply chain functions to simplify where necessary, including logistics activities in warehousing and distribution functions.
Represents the optimized supply chain plan in the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process. Provides leadership to ensure customer needs are adequately met by the business supply chain plans.
Strategic Planning & Execution:
- Develops, integrates, and executes the supply chain strategy and plan in support of the business and functional strategies via critical operating tasks (COT’s)
- Remains consistently focused on customer needs through integrated processes, systems and use of technology
- Establishes supply chain performance targets and evaluates actual performance in support of business and functional strategies.
- Represents risks associated with all supply chain activities to the business and their options and contingencies to mitigate them
- Accurately forecasts supply chain capabilities and constraints for short-term, mid-term, and long-term horizons
- Identifies the appropriate models necessary for supply chain optimization and recommend actions to the Powder Coatings Americas business team.
- Manage finished goods distribution and inventory plans. With a given demand, define and communicate order acceptance and handling policies that balance customer requirements with supply chain capabilities. Integral leader of the supply part in the S&OP process. Leads the appropriate portions of the monthly Supply Review. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for safety stock, lead-time, MTO/MTS strategies, schedule changes and appropriate approvals.
- Meet customer delivery requirements within policies/procedures and compliance with regulatory and export control.
- Manages the activities, performance, development, and capabilities of a team of Supply Chain Professionals with approximately ten (10) direct reports and numerous “dotted line” reports as defined by the business.
Financial Impact of Operations:
- Performs required SOX controls and establishes remediation plans for any controls that are not effective
- Forecasts, analyzes and develops improvement plans for Fixed and Variable Finished Product Distribution Expense (FPDE) and Financial Inventory Days Supply (IDS)
Optimizes total delivered cost:
- Responsible for execution of business plans within cost objectives as well as working with sourcing organization to provide forecasts and key cost optimization opportunities
Communication and Key Interfacing:
- Interfaces with the Supply Chain Leadership to develop optimized supply chain plans
- Leads integration and cross functional communication of the supply chain plans
- Key interfaces include: Business Leadership, Site Leaders, Sourcing, Logistics, Sales & Marketing/Demand, Customer Service, Human Resources and Information Technology
- Plays a gatekeeper role between Sales & Marketing and Product Stewardship teams to assure product storage, shipment, and supply meets regulatory requirements
Systems & Improvement:
- Define, prioritize and manage continuous improvement activities in pursuit of supply chain efficiencies
- Builds and ensures capability and leveragability in supply chain processes and best practices and their execution across all businesses and functions globally
- Owns the integrity of data in applicable systems