The Analytical Scientist focuses on addressing external site manufacturing and R&D issues through design and execution of structured test plans. The individual in this role will work in the GIC Analytical team coordinating testing support for global manufacturing facilities and regional R&D centers and has daily operational control of Microscopy, Spectroscopy, and Physical test laboratories
- Oversee daily operation of Microscopy, Spectroscopy, and Physical Testing laboratories
- Working with Microscopy/Spectroscopy subject matter expert, drive innovation and improvement in those laboratories
- Primary point of contact for manufacturing and R&D facilities lacking necessary on-site analytical support.
- Understand customer needs and devise testing plan while working with subject matter experts
- Coordinate testing with other analytical chemists and contract laboratories when needed
- Receive and distribute materials as necessary
- See that time commitments are met and provide feedback to submitters
- Compile and summarize test results to submitters
- Oversee analytical request manager system at GIC
- Compile and analyze dashboard metrics from request manager system
- Comply with all requirements for laboratory safety, quality, and regulations
Core Competency: Achieves Business Results
- Translates customer issues into prioritized & actionable testing plans
- Utilizes strong project management skills to deliver results within agreed to time commitments.
- Develops functional solutions to complex problems, simplifies into actionable items. Establishes clear, and sound course of action to achieve critical business objectives ensuring ongoing sustainable solutions.
Core Competency: Strategic Focus & Direction
- Builds independent relationships/rapports with all internal customers and other support functions.
- Inspires and guides others to action consistent with Company’s Vision.
- Solves complex problems creatively with high degree of ingenuity and innovativeness.
Core Competency: Trust & Teamwork
- Represents GIC analytical team and serves as technical point of contact for off site customers.
- Places high value on clear and actionable communication, as well as actively informing up, down, and laterally throughout organization.
- Provides insightful perspective to others seeking assistance through forming active partnerships.
- Influences positively and constructively to initiate actions, gain clear understanding, and commitment.
Core Competency: Personal Leadership
- Serves as a role model for providing quality and swift resolutions to customer issues.
Manages change effectively, and champions continuous improvement.
Earns and maintains the trust of colleagues and co-workers internal and external to the site.
Develops credibility with the customers and key stakeholders.