Axalta Coating Systems is seeking a Chemical Engineer to join its Process Technology team located at the Americas Technology Center in Mt. Clemens, MI. The successful candidate will become a key member of the Global Process Technology team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be the Global Process Steward for Electrocoat Deposition Products across the global Axalta and toller manufacturing sites.
Serve as Global Electrocoat Deposition Process Steward:
- Understand, document and assess the current processes used to produce electrocoat deposition materials,
- Oversee and manage new electrocoat deposition product introductions across the globe while working with a cross-functional team to do so,
- Work to standardize the processes used globally but also work within the equipment constraints to achieve similar properties and performance of electrocoat deposition products,
- Monitor performance and improve based on real-time metrics,
- Work to improve process throughput and to main high product quality at the different production sites,
- Carry out experimental work including PFMEA’s and other technical studies to assist in process alignment, process improvement of electrocoat deposition products,
- Work with and carry out process modeling as needed to improve the electrocoat deposition processes,
- Oversee and manage the work of a technician team to carry out experimental work,
- Provide training in electrocoat deposition process operations as needed.