The Global Income Tax Accounting Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting the global tax accounting process for the interim and year-end income tax provision under ASC 740. Specifically, this includes responsibility for preparation of financial statement presentation, footnote disclosures, related tax account reconciliations and journal entries. This role is also primarily accountable for maintaining the efficiency and accuracy of global tax accounting processes, particularly within the global tax accounting software, and participating in special projects related to U.S. compliance, tax audit assistance and tax planning. This position reports directly to the Global Income Tax Accounting Manager and is based in our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania office.
- Prepare the consolidated income tax provision, including preparation of the tax footnote disclosures to be included in the Company's SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K) and other tax related disclosures, as well as Audit Committee materials.
- Assists with the submission and review process for quarterly and annual tax packages from international operations.
- Assists with management of ongoing preparation and review of international tax basis balance sheets and provision to returns.
- Liaise with FP&A and Controllership to prepare legal entity profit forecasting.
- Supports calculations for the quarter and annual global effective tax rate (for actuals, budget and forecast by legal entity and in consolidation).
- Assist in the measurement of and accounting for uncertain tax positions in accordance with ASC740-10.
- Assist on tax reporting and tax compliance process improvement initiatives globally.
- Proactively research and monitor issues and in-period changes related to income tax accounting.
- Assist in technical and software training related to the company’s ASC 740 US GAAP Income Tax Accounting process globally.
- Manage and maintain OneSource Tax Provision (OTP) and Global Access Management (GAM) software, leveraging technology to continually maximize efficiency in the tax reporting process.
- Coordinate with and assist team members across the global tax team.
- Provide support on various complex global income tax accounting matters and related financial statement implications (e.g. uncertainty for income taxes, indefinite reinvestment of earnings, realizability of tax attributes, etc.).
- Supports the execution and monitoring of conformity of tax accounting workstreams with related internal control processes and documentation (Sarbanes-Oxley compliance).
- Assist in gathering supporting documentation in response to inquiries from external auditors.