This position is responsible for supporting environmental, health, safety, and security (EHS&S) risk control and regulatory compliance for the Global Innovation Center (GIC), serving as a key member of the GIC leadership team and directly responsible for EHS&S leadership and management system support for all site EHS&S matters. Key professional requirements include advanced EHS&S technical expertise and professional skills to understand and control complex EHS&S compliance and risk-related matters.
Works directly for the GIC Facility Leader role and partners closely with the NA EHS&S Manager.
- Develop strategic site-level EHS&S direction that will achieve and sustain regulatory compliance and control of key EHS&S risks.
- Provide coherent leadership supporting consistent and effective implementation of EHS&S standards and programs at the site level.
- Provide visibility to progress, performance, and issues for the site and the Corporate EHS&S leadership team.
- Foster an atmosphere of transparency and information sharing to encourage culture of acute awareness and diligence pertaining to site EHS&S matters.
- Monitor EHS&S regulatory developments and emerging issues, and determine the impacts on site operations to advise on future direction and action which will minimize the potential for business risks.
Regulatory Compliance and Standards Implementation:
- Lead development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Corporate/RC14001 standards implementation and internal EHS&S standards.
- Lead federal, state, and local EHS&S regulatory compliance effort.
- Identify and control site EHS&S risks.
- Identify, deploy, and share EHS&S best practices for the site.
- Coordinate and regularly review the site EHS&S data and maintain performance metrics.
Auditing and Management Systems:
- Coordinate the effective planning and execution of assessments for internal EHS&S standards and EHS&S regulatory compliance at the site level, and develop resolution of recommendations through partnership with regional EHS&S and other support function teams.
- Lead and participate in 2nd party EHS&S regulatory compliance and internal standards assessments.
- Provide support for implementing and sustaining EHS&S management systems.
Leadership and Capability Building:
- Conduct regular performance reviews with regional EHS&S leadership and prioritize key issues to develop site EHS&S goals and objectives.
- Perform independently and exercise mature judgment in determining regulatory, technical and operational objectives for assignments/projects derived from key site EHS&S aspects.
Sensitivity: Business Internal:
- Develop functional EHS&S capability within the site organization through training,
coaching, and mentoring.