The KAM (Key Account Manager) is an essential leadership role connecting regional and / or national distributors and Axalta Coating Systems throughout North America. Fundamental to this role are anticipating and understanding the customer needs, liaising and advocating to manage and satisfy those needs, at reasonable economic cost to Axalta. The KAM is responsible for revenue growth, strategic business plans, demand planning, adherence to policy standards and profitability all while working with a high sense of urgency. The KAM reports to the NA Distribution Director.
Key Areas of Responsibility – Overview
Responsible for the following areas within Axalta Coating Systems Refinish business:
- Relationship Management – Develop and build relationships amongst the distributor’s leadership team, including the CEO, Regional VP’s, Regional managers and District Managers. Develop 3 X 3 relationship management plan involving key team members at Axalta to secure solid long term connections with the distributor.
- Strategic Growth Plan – Development of a business plan through processes which enables the growth objectives of both the distributor and Axalta. This plan should include:
- Annual growth projections
- Regional business plans
- Organizational development objectives
- Training and learning objectives
- Pipeline planning and development
- Team alignment
- Market prioritization
- New markets
- Strategic Sales Integration – Integrate activities of Axalta’s Strategic Sales team into a working sales process with the distributor. Ideally, this includes support and development of the distributor’s sales organization.
- Markets - Work with Axalta’s Distribution Director to identify and launch new market opportunities which include all trade and commercial brands.
- Communication - Coordinate and facilitate quarterly strategic review meetings between the customer and Axalta’s sales management team.