Axalta Coating Systems is seeking a Scientist or Engineer to join its Process Technology team located at the Global Innovation Center in Philadelphia, PA at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. The successful candidate for this job will become a key member of the Global Process Technology team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop or improve resin process technologies and advance fundamental understanding of resin processes in support of Axalta growth and lean initiatives. The focus will be on polymer resin process development, scale-up and manufacturing support. This includes use of various measurement techniques to quantify resin properties and development of understanding the relationship between key product attributes and critical process factors from laboratory to commercial scale.
- Optimize resin manufacturing processes for Axalta globally by generating improvement ideas, designing and performing experiments on laboratory and pilot scales and implementing recommendations on plant scale;
- Collaborate with R&D product/resin formulators to scale up and align resin intermediate products;
- Advance fundamental understanding of resin process technology;
- Develop new tools for improving the methods by which we develop and scale-up new resin formulas and chemistries;
- Develop and use mathematical models and work closely with modeling community within Axalta to help develop processes for making resin;
- Participate in resin manufacturing forum to support and/or troubleshoot plant resin process and quality issues;
- Interact with Axalta personnel in the business and operations functions on a routine basis;
- Provide coaching on technical issues to both peers and associate investigators;
- Lead technicians, organize work flow including setting and meeting deadlines, and adhere to core values including safe work practices; Sensitivity: Business Internal
- Function as key contact on teams related to quality, management of change, or others.