Axalta Coating Systems is seeking a Scientist or Engineer to join its Process Technology team located at the Global Innovation Center in Philadelphia, PA at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. The successful candidate for this job will become a key member of the Global Process Technology team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop or improve dispersion process technologies and advance fundamental understanding of resin processes in support of Axalta growth and lean initiatives. The focus will be on dispersion process development, scale-up and manufacturing support. This includes use of various measurement techniques to quantify dispersion properties and development of understanding the relationship between key product attributes and critical process factors from laboratory to commercial scale.
- Optimize dispersion manufacturing processes for Axalta globally by generating improvement ideas, designing and performing experiments on laboratory and pilot scales and implementing recommendations on plant scale.
- Collaborate with R&D product formulators to scale up and align dispersion intermediate products.
- Oversee operation of the dispersion process laboratory.
- Advance fundamental understanding of dispersion process technology.
- Develop new tools for improving the methods by which we develop and scale-up new dispersion formulas.
- Develop and use mathematical models and work closely with modeling community within Axalta to help develop processes for making dispersions.
- Participate in dispersion manufacturing forum to support and/or troubleshoot plant dispersion process and quality issues.
- Interact with Axalta personnel in the business and operations functions on a routine basis.
- Provide coaching on technical issues to both peers and associate investigators.
- Supervise technicians, organize work flow including setting and meetingdeadlines, and adhere to core values including safe work practices.
- Function as key contact on teams related to quality, management of change, or others.