The Powder Coatings business produces both decorative and functional powder coatings for everything from architectural to general industrial applications. The Sales Representative manages sales activities under his or her direction by performing the following essential duties personally or through the Sales Team to assure maximum potential of his/her market:
- Works with the Regional Sales Manager to set the specific target goals for their areas to achieve, including working with individual territory sales reps to develop plans and specific sales strategies.
- Coordinates sales effort by liaising with the Regional Sales Manager to establish sales territories and goals.
- Travels throughout assigned district to assist territory sales reps to solicit orders and develop effective customer relationships, with an emphasis on improving selling skills and identifying customer and product targets.
- Analyzes sales statistics to establish priorities, manage performance, and assist sales teams in promoting sales.
- Works with the Regional Sales Manager to review marketing and competitive analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and to develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of the Company.
- Reports major account development, performance status, and problems/concerns to the Regional Sales Manager and sales leadership utilizing electronic sales management tools (R2L) and direct contact as appropriate.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and sales leadership to coordinate interdepartmental synergies.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of district and individual territories to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepares periodic sales presentations showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Provides input to the Regional Sales Manager to recommend expenditures and appropriations for research and development work.
- Manages product compliance standards.
Incumbent must be able to travel extensively by car or air as needed; Frequent extended work days are required, most of travel and customer entertaining will be on personal time, evenings and weekends; Is directly accountable for the successful performance of the Sales Team within the established area of responsibility;